Unkle Events has announced the 7th Annual Britannia Classic Presented by Hawgs Wheels! The Britannia Classic is happening May 23rd-25th high in the mountains between Squamish and Vancouver, BC Canada. This race has one of the most beautiful sceneries in North America (it’s a National Historic Site, after all!) and there’s even a top prize of $5,000 cashmoneyskrill for the winner!
Here’s the event video from last year if you’re not already familiar:
And here are some of the nittier-and-grittier details for the weekend:
The 7th Annual Britannia Classic presented by Hawgs Wheels is happening in Britannia Beach, British Columbia Canada on May 25th 2014. The International competition is being held in partnership with the Britannia Beach Community Association (BBCA), the Ministry of Transportation and Sea to Sky Community Services. Catch all the speed, passes and crashes at this free-to-spectators event.
Friday May 23rd – All Day Freeride
Saturday May 24th – AM – Freeride, PM – Qualifying
Sunday May 25th – Race and Spectator Day
- The site is short 40-minute drive north of Vancouver and 5 minutes south of Squamish
- 200 Top International Riders (Sweden, South Africa and Brazil) and approximately 1000 spectators will attend
- The course is over 1000ft of vertical over 2 km with 3 massive hairpins totaling 5 corners, 1 chicane and gravity fed speeds of up to 60 mph/100 kph
- $5000 in CASH for the top competitors of Open, 17U 14U, Masters and Female classes.
- The event will feature live MC and DJ to keep our audience entertained.
- Lots of swag giveaways
- Free to Spectators
Click on through to the event website (below) for sign ups—it’s at 75% capacity as we type!—or reach out to the event committee via the social media channels (further below):