The Hurricane Relief Hill Jam is all about bringing the local Southern California downhill skate community together for a fun day of shredding to raise a couple bucks to help those who have lost so much during the recent and devastating Hurricane Irma.
This rad event will be held on Saturday, Sept 30th 2017 on our local hill in San Clemente, CA at Talega. Find full directions on the FB event page
We here at Wheelbase Magazine will be donating $250. in cash to the event’s hurricane releif fundraising efforts, and we are requesting that all spectators & skaters please donate at least 10$ or more (cash only please) to help support the cause. Get Rad and Do Good!
The event runs from 9am till 5pm and will include an early morning and laid-back relay race starting at 10am sharp, an all-day slide jam, a raffle, 3 hand-made trophies will be given out, refreshments shall be served (probably hotdogs), and 100% of all event donations collected will go directly to a VERIFIED Hurricane Irma relief effort.
– RIDERS MEET AT 10AM!
– RACING STARTS AT 10:15AM!
– Teams of 2
– Starting line at the tippy top of Talega
– Baton pass at the middle of Talega (the flat section)
– Baton must be passed while on board
– You will be disqualified if you run off your board and pass the baton
– Racers must make it down the hill with the baton (don’t need to hold on to it with your hands)
– Finish line after the right hairpin.
– Failure to have the baton at the finish will be a disqualification.
– Any purposeful taking out of another is full disqualification.
– 3 man heats.
– There will be spotters at the corners to make sure everybody is off the road.
– HELMETS AND GLOVES ARE REQUIRED!!!! (Knee pads and elbow pads are strongly recommended).
– Entry is included with $10 donation.
– Winning team shall receive a trophy.
– We’ll start the jam promptly after the race.
-Slide jam competitions will come later on in the day
– There will be food at lunch time and as much water as we can bring.
-Trophy’s will be handed out at the end
– We need to make sure the spot does not get blown so let’s follow some basic rules and police ourselves:
– No congregating in the parking lot, skate safe, pick up all trash, be friendly and respectful to any and all local pedestrians, No drugs or alcohol at the even.
– Bring water, a chair, bring extra wheels, sunscreen, Cash for donations, friends, and be ready to shred
***And for those who aren’t racing, we would greatly appreciate having volunteers to help spot the corners for the race. There will be flags to make sure that the road is clear of skaters, pedestrians, or animals.
Check out the Facebook event page HERE