I recently went on a 10-day skate adventure to the province of British Columbia. In those 10 days I had some pretty interesting experiences. Here’s a Top 10 list of dopest things about the trip:
1. Having a sealed, locked, waterproof, and generally non-fuck-with-able van to hide in when shit gets rowdy is super dope. Max Capps makes a good van guard and G-Mack plays a good raccoon.
2. The Danger Bay experience was kind of like losing my virginity: amazing, scary, euphoric, badass, greasy—and I wanted to tell all my friends about it in the morning.
3. Me, Mike Slota, and Wolf Coleman putting our phone numbers on the back of Rayne stickers and handing them out to all the bitties. We got shot down pretty good.
4. Don’t let yourself get pushed onto some Puerto Rican’s tent: they’ll try to hit you or shave your head. I got the latter. Definitely got some looks when I got home—almost would have rather had the punch.
5. The James Kelly swoop.
6. Partners in crime Mike, Wolf and myself poached some high school girls graduation at Brittania Beach. We stole a bunch of grad hats, I thought it’d be sick to light one on fire and stick it on my head. Nylon roasting to my forehead.
7. Oh right, so like the skating was pretty cool I guess.
8. Sitting in a circle and listening to Ryan Roberts come to the sudden realization that I am the living version of Bart Simpson. EAT MY SHORTS!
9. The warm welcome I received when I got to the Danger Bay campsite: Pushed into the dirt then kicked repeatedly. Thanks Wolf, that was so nice. Not!
10. I greased-it so hard that week in Canada, and so much gross shit went in, and out, of my throat that I got a gnarly throat infection when I got home. Ha!
So anyways, it was a lotta fun.
GENERAL DISCLIAMER: The statements, comments, and opinions expressed by Liam Morgan through Notes of a Greasy Young Man are those of “Mr. Greasy” himself, who is solely responsible for them, and they do not necessarily represent the views of Wheelbase LLC. Questions or comments regarding any information listed in this particular column can be addressed by contacting aliens, or channeling the spirit of Isaac Hayes.